Friday 11 November 2016

IS IT RIGHT TO SLEEP ON THE SAME BED WITH SOMEONE YOU AREN’T MARRIED TO?



Is it right to sleep on the same bed with someone you are not married to? Like you are dating and partner asks you to sleep over not with the intention of having SEX though.
Answers
Anything could have happened. It is right that we focus on "the reason" for that decision.
What really happened and was that the last option?  Truth is everyone needs to know their body, but if there are other options before this please make use of those options so that it doesn't look like you have been "itching to smooch" and you just found the perfect excuse.
I will close with this example of mine.

I once got back from redemption camp just last year around 3am. As in I entered a general bus and it dropped me at a particular bus stop, not my house though and I had to call my fiance to please come and pick me.
1. I wanted to rest and service closed in the morning so I just decided to get a bus going to Lagos that same night/morning.
2. When I got to the bus stop there was obviously no bus, there wasn't going to be anyways, it was around 3am.
So he came,  picked me and we went to His house(parent's house then)&I spent the night till the next morning when he dropped me in my Father's house because we obviously couldn't be roaming round Lagos at that time.  No kissing, smooching talk less about sex (By God's grace)
Why?
1.       Because there was a defined purpose. I was there because I needed to be there (based on the circumstances) not because we wanted to deceive ourselves.
2.       Your heart and the motive in it is what is important. If we like we talk from now till tomorrow. If you haven't decided in your heart to please the Lord, you don't need a sleep over to have sex; you will have sex anytime or opportunity you get. So make sure you arrange your heart, so that your heart will help with self-control.
3.       If you're ever stranded like this, you don't need to sleep on the same bed. Try to avoid the avoidable. Don't ruin what made you stay there by losely tempting yourself.
And finally, Your Boyfriend is also your brother it shouldn't be every time that people's body is itching them. In such cases because cases like this may happen at least once before marriage like I narrated my own story, please let him put on the "brotherly help garment"😉
All I have tried to say is there's nothing wrong with your fiancé helping if you genuinely got stranded for a night but it mustn’t be a continuous/regular act and you must really make sure your motive is pure.
*No don't sleep in the same bed no matter how small there should be another sleeping space for him*
*Pray to God for guidance and grace if you find yourself in a situation and you seem to be fidgeting
*Don't even try this with a guy that's doesn't know God ooo, Rape is real, so don't deceive yourself. If you are still trying to build trust with this guy, no don't go for this option at all, manufacture a solution, get another option.
*Most important my life isn't your life, my story isn't your story, Pray to God before taking any decision like this, I said it earlier.
I have more to say, but I hope this help a little.

contributed by Nkechi Chiazor
send your questions to wondiva2015@gmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment