Sunday 25 September 2016

WHEN SHOULD AN ENGAGEMENT RING BE RECEIVED FROM A HUSBAND-TO-BE?




When should a lady receive an engagement ring from her husband-to-be?

Answers


She should receive a ring as soon as he is ready to get married to her. So sometimes, people are wearing engagement ring for 2-3 years due to different situations best known to them.



This should ordinarily not exceed a 1-year period due to marriage planning, saving up etc. For some, they planned a particular time to get married and then it didn’t work out. So we cannot judge them. The most important thing is for her to do the right thing and that depends on her and her partner really. For instance, I have rang it in my partner's ear –stylishly & seriously - that I am not going to wear ring for 10 million years o(exaggeration)....what that signals him is that...he would give me a ring 6-8 months to the wedding because of what I have been “singing” and because of what I want and what I believe. So I’ve spelt my opinions out to him.

Another Lady can know that they cannot get married maybe till the next 3 years due to stuffs on ground but she's still sending signals to the guy that she wants some kind of assurance, hence some girls push their guys to propose before they're really ready....so you see that kinda situation?
So ring or no ring depends on both partners.

But on the average 1 year –could be less or more. Most times, it may be beyond the couple's doing but average of 1 year is the most acceptable time due to wedding expenses, planning, preparation and so forth.

Contributed by Nkechi Chiazor

Send your questions to wondiva2015@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment